Code of Conduct
This code of conduct was adapted from the mastodon.social Code of Conduct and adopted by phpc.social on 14 August 2018.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of phpc.social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography, and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox)
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling)
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
To report harassment, click the three vertical dots (...) on a user's profile and select "Report @user." For urgent concerns, you may DM any of the moderation staff listed below and send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All reports will be kept confidential. In some cases we may determine that a public statement will need to be made. If that's the case, the identities of all victims, reporters, and the accused will remain confidential unless those individuals instruct us otherwise.
If you believe anyone is in physical danger, please notify appropriate emergency services first.
We follow the Toot Café list of blocked instances. From time-to-time, we may block or silence other instances, as we deem appropriate. If your instance is blocked or silenced and you think it shouldn't be, let us know.
phpc.social's moderation staff include:
PGP Fingerprint: 9528 2757 936C B1F2 7815 8490 8114 CEB4 61A4 2E31