Reading GitHub comments on one coworker's PR, another coworker compliments his coding style and advocates for that method of avoiding nested if statements. And I'm like "Yeah. Preach it."
And then I lurch forward, remembering that I wrote one earlier today & have suddenly realized a way to refactor it to remove the nesting.
Do I code now, or do I wait until tomorrow?
Installing PHP 8 on Raspbian is a lot easier when you have a decent guide for it. Found this one tonight: https://lindevs.com/install-php-8-0-on-raspberry-pi/
I finally got my underwater drone back in the water after a long winter hiatus, and I found something neat! https://youtu.be/KT-g50Rq-2o
Went for a walk today & took a photo of an old rusted car wreck. I'd taken a photo of the same wreck 10 years ago, and thought it would be fun to try again. https://www.flickr.com/photos/beryllium/51030546331/in/dateposted/
The hull is actually much cleaner than the photo suggests; I think a lot of the speckledness is from light reflecting off the water, amplified by computer-driven postprocessing settings.
Sailboat photo from this weekend: https://flic.kr/p/2kJgNCV
Not my boat, although it could be for the low, low price of $15,900 CDN.
I want to propose "final abstract class" as a solution to this: it can be extended, and the abstract methods can be added, but nothing more than that can be done. And the extended class has to be final itself.
Not ideal, but I discovered a way around this: reading inbound messages from the API and reacting to them locally. Aka, polling. 🤷 I guess it works, for now.
Maybe there's a way to do this same thing with array_* functions, but nothing came to mind.
I just came up with the most brutal hack to use array_reduce with short functions ... heh.
Since "add to the array" and "return the array" are two operations, I turned them into a single one by using a ternary:
fn ($carry, $item) =>
($carry[$item['category']] = $item)
It eventually came back online; after several further issues with exhausted memory, I finally figured out that `make -j4` was just too taxing for the system (Pi 3 Model B)